Friday, March 07, 2008

I Love my Dr.!

I went to see my Dr yesterday to follow up from this weekend and since my preeclampsia has mellowed out, we're going to ride it out right now since my EDD is on Wednesday. She stripped my membranes (OUCH) and we'll see what that brings us. She gave me the option on trying an induction again on Saturday, but no way! I hated every minute of being in that hospital, and I'd rather not try again right now.

As of yesterday, I'm 75% effaced and 2cm dialated. I'm stuck on bed rest which blows, but I'm learning to like it because I know once Addie gets here it's going to be a thing of the past!

It's amazing how resistant the human body can be to drugs! My Dr was shocked to hear that I was on the Pitocin for 9 hours and didn't dialate any! My body is holding on to this munchkin for whatever reason. I was so scared because I thought we were going to be told it's going to have to come to a c-section, but she said there was no reason. What a relief!

So, I'm praying my body gets it's act together soon and we dialate some more and can have a successful induction if I don't go on my own. If nothings happened by Tuesday, she's going to induce since she's on call.

0 comments: